[BioC] Normalizing a dataset from GEO to suit a classifier trained on another dataset

Nathan Skene [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Sun Apr 14 16:40:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a built a classifier on a set of my own microarray data.

I would like to be able to show that it works on new data, by taking some from GEO (same tissue, same array platform etc) and classifying that.

However, the probe values in the new datasets are offset compared to those in my original dataset, presumably because of differences in how they were normalised.

Is there a way to normalize datasets taken from GEO so that they are normalized with respect to an existing dataset?

Thanks

 -- output of sessionInfo():

-

--