[BioC] [methylumi] concerning methylumi.bgcorr function and out-of-band intensities

Hannah Elliott hannah.elliott at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 12:33:21 CEST 2013

Dylan Aïssi <dylan.aissi at ...> writes:

> Dear all,
> I would like to understand what really does the methylumi.bgcorr function
> with method='noob' but I can't find information about out-of-band
> intensities.
>
> Does anyone know what is meant by out-of-band intensities?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dylan Aïssi
>
> PhD student
> INSERM UMRS 937
> Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie
> 91 Boulevard de l'Hôpital
> 75013 Paris
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> Search the archives:

Dear Dylan,
The use of out of band intensities for background correction is described in
detail in this paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23476028.

Signal intensity is measured from type I green probes in the red channel &
type I red probes in the green channel as an alternative method of deriving
the background signal from the array.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Hannah Elliott
University of Bristol