[BioC] lmFit not keeping rownames of arg object?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 18 02:25:56 CEST 2013

Dear Leif,

I've cc'd to the Bioconductor mailing list because this will be of
interest to others.

Yes, this is an intended update.  The rownames are passed on, but as
rownames of fit$coefficients, rather than as a column in the $genes
component.

If you use topTable() you will see that the rownames of object are now
preserved as rownames of the output table.  This is new in limma 3.17.3.

See the recent discussion:

https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2013-April/052127.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/attachments/20130415/b0009b65/attachment.pl

Best wishes
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth