[BioC] QuasR special case alignment

Michael Stadler michael.stadler at fmi.ch
Fri Apr 26 08:40:50 CEST 2013

Dear Ugo,

One way to accomplish would be to put your two reporter genes into a
fasta file, and use this as your "genome" (see ?qAlign or the vignette
for examples of genomes in fasta format).

However, I think it would be better to align against the full genome, as
this will avoid certain problems, such as reads being suboptimally
aligned to your reporter genes which would align perfectly to some other
genomic locus.

Assuming that the reporter genes are part of the genome, you could then
count alignments using qCount() with a GRanges query containing the
ranges of your reporter genes.

If the reporter genes are not part of the genome, you can provide your
reporter gene sequences (as a fasta file) to qAlign, and all reads not
aligning to the genome will be further aligned to them. The format of
the required auxiliary file is very simple and described in section 5.2
of the vignette.

You can open the QuasR vignette using:
library(QuasR)
vignette("QuasR-Overview")