[BioC] RE : ChIPpeakAnno_2.8.0 assignCromosomeRegion

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Fri Apr 26 17:24:20 CEST 2013

Mboyba,

The category enhancers/silencers should be potential enhancers/silencers or
just intergenic region. We labeled it as enhancers/silencers initially
because one of our collaborators requested this specifically which lead to
the addition of this function to the ChIPpeakAnno package.

Since you are interested in assignment to intergenic regions as a whole (not
distinguishing different elements within these regions), you can use the
function as it is now, being aware that the category enhancers/silencers is
intergenic region.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Best regards,

Julie