[BioC] cn.mops: copy number for low-coverage bam files?

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 30 23:06:09 CEST 2013

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for this helpful reply.  I am glad to learn that cn.mops will work with low coverage bam files -- very nice.

It looks like I

   1) changed a parameter I should have left at default ("minReadCount")
   2) failed to change parameters which should be changed ("WL" and "priorImpact")

   BAMFiles <- list.files(pattern=".bam$")
   bamDataRanges <- getReadCountsFromBAM(BAMFiles, mode="unpaired")
   res <- cn.mops(bamDataRanges, minReadCount=0.2)

Off-list you kindly offered to examine my bamDataRanges so that you could suggest the correct parameters.  I will send you that Granges object, serialized (also off-list).   After we figure this out, I will gladly summarize all this back to the list.

Many thanks,

 - Paul