[BioC] error when loading mzR

Laurent Gatto lg390 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 17:40:25 CEST 2013

Dear Monika,

In case you could not implement 'the right way', as per Dan's email,
here are a few hints/clarifications regarding mzR.

The first thing to do when switching back to R 2.15.3 is to run
biocLite to update (actually downgrade) the Bioconductor packages to
match the R version. This should also downgrade mzR to version 1.4.6,
I believe. The matching Rcpp version should then be 0.10.3.

Note that based on your first email, it does not seem that you have an
actual error but just a warning. When loading the package, mzR checks
whether the Rcpp version used to build the binary package that you
have and the actual installed Rcpp version are the same and warns if
there is a mismatch. This does not mean that things will go wrong
(although things have gone wrong in the past, resulting in the warning
message you see): mzR 1.4.6 (originally built using Rcpp 0.10.3) does
work with 0.10.3 and _might_ also work with the latest Rcpp 0.10.4.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Laurent