[BioC] Problems with 'dataset' argument for parseWorkspace() or read.flowSet()

Silke Zachariae silke.zachariae at imise.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Aug 1 14:36:28 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have problems parsing a FlowJo Workspace when using a data file with more than one dataset.
I get the following error message.

Warning message:
The file contains 1 additional data segment.
The default is to read the first segment only.
Please consider setting the 'dataset' argument.

However, I want to use the second dataset and therefore I used this dataset-argument. However, the argument seems to be ignored since I get the same error message as before.

The same happens when I use the read.flowSet()-function.
Only the read.FCS() function seems to work.
What can I do?

read.flowSet(paste0(path_workspace,"A14VFR Export.LMD"), dataset = 2)

Help is appreciated, Silke