[BioC] [devteam-bioc] Failure to update to Bioconductor 2.12 from bioconductor 2.11

Das, D. D.Das at uu.nl
Mon Aug 5 18:34:24 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Thanks guys for the reply. I understand that the console output in RStudio shows R version 2.15.3 but that is where the problem lies.
I don't have any installation of R2.15 on my system ( not sure if I uninstalled it properly or just deleted the folders and shortcuts).

Dilemma : Currently I am using R3.0.1 and if I use the same " > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R") "  code on R3.0.1 it confirms that R is using Bioconductor 2.12.
But in R-studio it is always showing R2.15.3 as dependency for the GUI.

(i)  Also I installed Revolution R enterprise 6.2 after installing R3.01 and Rstudio. Its installation directory shows R2.15 in one of the sub directories.Maybe thats why it uses R 2.15.3
(ii)  I went to registry editor on windows 7 ultimate and found 2 keys named R2.15.3  along with R3.0.1 keys.

So in short what I understand is that somehow R-Studio and Revolution R 6.2 both are bound to use R2.15 rather than R3.0.1 on my laptop.

Solution :  I uninstalled revolution R 6.2 and deleted the registry keys through regedit and reopened Rstudio the console output confirms use of R3.0.1

Possible cause : I think the revolution R6.2 installation made Rstudio bound to use R2.15.3 rather than the already installed R3.0.1.

Anyways thanks guys for the replies. It is solved now. I will take care of the R versions being installed while installing any otehr GUI or dependency software.

Regards to the team/James.

D.