[BioC] TranscriptDb of GENCODE Genes

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 12 20:44:54 CEST 2013

Hi Dario,

I think it's great to discuss this.  It is not often enough that people
point out just how unusual some of these gtf files can be.

However, it is not intended job of the makeTranscriptDbFromGFF()
function to do data cleanup or custom pre-filtering.  That function is
already stressed enough just handling all the peculiar ways that GFF and
GTF files can essentially represent the same information.  So much so
that that my efforts to have one job per function is already being
strained in this case.

But if you wanted to make some functions that cleaned up unwanted
features from gtf and gff files.  It is possible that other people might
find that useful too.

   Marc