[BioC] I need BSgenome for Eucalyptus grandis

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 15 01:18:03 CEST 2013

Hi Lukas, Martin,

On 08/14/2013 12:29 PM, Martin Morgan wrote:
> On 08/14/2013 12:22 PM, Lukas Chavez wrote:
>> Hi Rodrigo,
>>
>> i) expecting you have the DNA sequence of Eucalyptus grandis, you can
>> generate a custom genome by following the instructions you find when
>> following he link Marc just sent.
>
> I'm not sure what purpose the BSgenome package is used for; pointing
> Rsamtools::FaFile (perhaps after Rsamtools::indexFa) to your fasta file
> might be a sufficient alternative, e.g., method?"getSeq,FaFile" to get
> the sequences in regions of interest

It looks like some central functions in MEDIPS expect the name of a
BSgenome data package as part of the input. But they fail if a BSgenome
object or a DNAStringSet object is supplied. Lukas, adding support
for this type of input (and maybe also for a FASTA file or FaFile
object) should be easy and would make your package much more flexible.
Don't hesitate to ask on the Bioc-devel list if you need help with this.

Cheers,
H.

> Martin
>

>> ii) MEDIPS was not designed for the analysis of MRE-seq. Certainly,
>> you can
>> easily count the number of mapped reads at genome wide windows, but there
>> are no further MRE-seq specific functions available (i.e. MEDIPS does not
>> apply any additional constraints that the 5′ end of a read must map
>> to the
>> CpG site within a methyl-sensitive restriction enzyme site, and no
>> MRE-seq
>> specific scores are calculated (which are inverse to MeDIP signals as I
>> understand?).
>>
>> All the best,
>> Lukas
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Marc Carlson <mcarlson at fhcrc.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Rodrigo,
>>>
>>> Maybe you should have a look at the vignette here?
>>>
>>> http://www.bioconductor.org/**packages/release/bioc/**
>>> vignettes/BSgenome/inst/doc/**BSgenomeForge.pdf<http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/BSgenome/inst/doc/BSgenomeForge.pdf>
>>>

>>>   Marc

>>> Search the archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.**