[BioC] Pathview for global and overview maps Re: using pathview about hsa01100

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 04:01:31 CEST 2013

Hi Weiwei,
If you just want to the highlight the metabolite/compound nodes (without dealing with the enzymes etc) in such Global and overview maps like hsa01100, you may still use pathview like for individual metabolic pathways. You may see an example output here:
http://pathview.r-forge.r-project.org/#fig-5

You will notice that the round compound nodes are amplified for better view of the data. Below is the code I used. It works, but takes a long time (30 min for me on my desktop). The time is needed because there are so many nodes to be edited pixel by peixel. Option same.layer = F would speed up the process over 100 times, although the graph looks a little different as expected. HTH.
Weijun

library(pathview)
sim.cpd.data=sim.mol.data(mol.type="cpd", nmol=3000)
data(cpd.simtypes)
#~30 min
pv.out <- pathview(cpd.data = sim.cpd.data, pathway.id = "01100",
    species = "hsa", out.suffix = "sim.cpd", kegg.native = T)
#~15 sec
pv.out <- pathview(cpd.data = sim.cpd.data, pathway.id = "01100",
    species = "hsa", out.suffix = "sim.cpd.2layer ", kegg.native = T, same.layer = F)