[BioC] ChIPpeakAnno-makeVennDiagram question

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Wed Aug 21 19:55:32 CEST 2013

Dear Camila,

For the ChIPpeakAnno paper, I have the peaks with all p-values.

If you do not have this kind of information, then the most conservative
estimate of totalTest would be (peak1 + peak2) - peaks.1and2. The smaller
the totalTest you set, the higher the p-value is. So the p-value you obtain
will be the most conservative estimate. If this approach is too conservative
for your purpose, then you could set the totalTest to be the number of
potential binding sites in the genome by searching for the motif (could be
obtained from the literature or your peak sets). Certainly if accessibility
data is available, then you could limit your search within those accessible
regions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Julie