[BioC] Change enzyme code (EC) into gene symbol

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 28 04:48:10 CEST 2013

Hi WeiWei,

I don't know what graph you are talking about since you have not
followed the posting guide and given us a working example of what you
are talking about.  But you can read it here for future reference:

But now I will guess and try to answer your question anyways.  So
assuming that you have EC ids, you can definitely look up the gene
symbols that map to those.  For example in human you can do it like this:

## load the organism package for humans
library(org.Hs.eg.db)
## Now lets start by just grabbing some example EC IDs:
h <- head(keys(org.Hs.eg.db, keytype="ENZYME"))
## not lets extract the corresponding symbols:
select(org.Hs.eg.db, keys=h, cols="SYMBOL", keytype="ENZYME")

Hope this helps,

   Marc