[BioC] download packages VariantTools

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Sat Aug 31 00:01:14 CEST 2013

Hi Francesca,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM, francesca bergantino
<fbergantino at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> my problem is that I tried to install executable R software in Linux UBUNTU
> 10.04 LTS - The lucid Lynx but it resulted:
> wrong architecture or impossible to install R-base
>
> So I decided to write a software but it is impossible to open the shell
> because a library miss:
> error while loading shared libraries: libRblas.so
>
> How can I solve this problem?

This is really a question for R-help but I'll try and answer.

I was able to install R on an Ubuntu 10.04 system as follows. This
should take care of all architecture-related issues.

First, edit etc/apt/sources.list and put this line at the end:

deb http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/linux/ubuntu lucid/

If you don't want to mess around with editors, you can do this:

sudo echo "deb http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/linux/ubuntu lucid/" >> \
/etc/apt/sources.list

You can replace cran.fhcrc.org with a mirror nearer to you, see the list at
http://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html

Then run these commands:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E084DAB9
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y r-base r-base-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libcurl-dev

Then I was able to start R and do the following:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("VariantTools")
library(VariantTools)

And it all worked.