[BioC] DiffBind Error.

Kasthuri Kannan kasthuri at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 15:23:53 CET 2013

Dear All,

I am trying to use DiffBind and having an error. The data set is just
two conditions without any replicates. I set up the contrast manually
as groups as suggested.I get the error in dba.analyze step. Here is
the actual commands and the error I get:

> tamoxifen = dba(sampleSheet="~/Data/NYU/Michael/Marcus/sample_info.csv")
S1 Neuronal GR Dex  1 MACS
S2 Neuronal GR BDNFDex  1 MACS
> tamoxifen = dba.count(tamoxifen, minOverlap=2)
> tamoxifen = dba.contrast(tamoxifen, tamoxifen$masks$Dex, tamoxifen$masks$BDNFDex,"Dex","BDNFDex")
> tamoxifen = dba.analyze(tamoxifen)
Error in d$span : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Some groups have no replicates. Results may be unreliable.
2: In estimateCommonDisp(res) :
  There is no replication, setting dispersion to NA.
3: In estimateGLMCommonDisp.default(y = y$counts, design = design,  :
  No residual df: setting dispersion to NA
4: In estimateGLMTagwiseDisp.default(y = y$counts, design = design,  :
  No residual df: setting dispersion to NA

It will be great to get some assistance from you.

Thanks
Kasthuri