[BioC] edgeR question

Audra [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Sun Dec 15 03:51:08 CET 2013

Hi,

I am learning Edge R and am having trouble importing data. I have to tab delimited files, each of two different time points I am trying to look at.  How do I input these data into the edgeR program so that I can see the matrix? I hope this question makes sense.

Audra

 -- output of sessionInfo():

> sessionInfo
function (package = NULL)
{
    z <- list()
    z$R.version <- R.Version()
    z$platform <- z$R.version$platform
    if (nzchar(.Platform$r_arch))
        z$platform <- paste(z$platform, .Platform$r_arch, sep = "/")
    z$platform <- paste0(z$platform, " (", 8 * .Machine$sizeof.pointer,
        "-bit)")
    z$locale <- Sys.getlocale()
    if (is.null(package)) {
        package <- grep("^package:", search(), value = TRUE)
        keep <- sapply(package, function(x) x == "package:base" ||
            !is.null(attr(as.environment(x), "path")))
        package <- sub("^package:", "", package[keep])
    }
    pkgDesc <- lapply(package, packageDescription, encoding = NA)
    if (length(package) == 0)
        stop("no valid packages were specified")
    basePkgs <- sapply(pkgDesc, function(x) !is.null(x$Priority) &&
        x$Priority == "base")
    z$basePkgs <- package[basePkgs]
    if (any(!basePkgs)) {
        z$otherPkgs <- pkgDesc[!basePkgs]
        names(z$otherPkgs) <- package[!basePkgs]
    }
    loadedOnly <- loadedNamespaces()
    loadedOnly <- loadedOnly[!(loadedOnly %in% package)]
    if (length(loadedOnly)) {
        names(loadedOnly) <- loadedOnly
        pkgDesc <- c(pkgDesc, lapply(loadedOnly, packageDescription))
        z$loadedOnly <- pkgDesc[loadedOnly]
    }
    class(z) <- "sessionInfo"
}