[BioC] time series data edgeR?

Ryan rct at thompsonclan.org
Mon Dec 16 17:57:42 CET 2013

Yes, edgeR can handle this case. You have a couple of options. The
conceptually simplest one is to treat the timepoint as a second factor
and fit a two-factor additive model (i.e. model.matrix(~genotype +
timepoint) ). Another option is to use natural splines. This is an
approach that I am not personally experienced with, but it has been
discussed before on this list, so you should be able to find an example
in the archives. Personally, I would recommend using the two-factor
analysis initially, and only switching to something more complex if you
decide you need it.