[BioC] rhdf5 segfault

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Dec 26 22:34:28 CET 2013

Dear Brad

thank you. When I use the instance of ‘charvec’ loaded from your charvec.rda file, then I can reproduce the error you observe:
"Error: segfault from C stack overflow”  and return to R prompt after running the below code once,
"Segmentation fault: 11” and termination of the R process after the second time.
So this might be related to the content or size of the character vector.

I leave the rest to Bernd (package maintainer). This should be enough information to get going.

Btw, your original post as received in my inbox did not contain an attachment, and it appears that attachments are also stripped from here:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2013-December/056760.html

——
library("rhdf5")
if (TRUE) load("charvec.rda") else charvec = paste(1:16630)

hdf5.file <- tempfile()
h5createFile(hdf5.file)
h5write(charvec, hdf5.file, "foo")
got <- h5read(hdf5.file, "foo")

stopifnot(all(got==charvec), length(got)==length(charvec))
sessionInfo()
——

Kind regards
	Wolfgang