[BioC] Log transformation and left censoring

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Feb 3 12:24:33 CET 2013

Hi Paul

given your description, one possibility to explore might be a variance stabilising transformation.

E.g. DESeq provides one that smoothly interpolates between the square-root function for low counts and the log-transformation for higher counts, see Section 6 (and 7) of the vignette.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang