[BioC] qRT-PCR - reading tab-delimited file (biol & tech replicates)

Maciej Jończyk mjonczyk at biol.uw.edu.pl
Sun Feb 3 22:28:46 CET 2013

Hi All,

I've been asked for analysis of qRT-PCR data.
I don't have raw data (from qPCR machine) but excel file (which I
planned to transform to tab-delimited text file).

I've read manuals for r-packages available, ReadqPCR package seems most
promising (taking into consideration data import).
There are instructions about columns needed (sample, detector, Cq).
I don't know, how designate different biological replicates in the
input file.
Is that package "knows" about it if plate name and well position are
given? - Which I can't provide.

Is there any way to read tab-delimited data with columns like
"biological replicate"
"technical replicate"
"sample"
"gene"
"Ct" ?

The experiment was repeated three times (three biol reps),
for each biol rep three plates were run with three techical replicates
within plate.

I'd be grateful for help,

Best Wishes,
Maciej Jończyk

--
Maciej Jonczyk,
Department of Plant Molecular Ecophysiology