[BioC] limma-voom and y$E

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Feb 6 00:00:03 CET 2013

Dear Davide,

It is better to read the documentation for voom instead of trying to
interpret the code.  You would then see that the default normalization is
"normalization.method=none".

In fact, voom uses the normalization factors computed by edgeR and placed
in the DGEList object to compute effective library sizes, so by default
voom's normalization is exactly as for edgeR.

Best wishes
Gordon