[BioC] Have troubles with finding Annotations for Bovine and Rhesus\' platforms

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 15 21:14:14 CET 2013

Hi Kaj,

Rhesus and bovine are both supported.  Unfortunately, we can't have chip
packages pre-made for every single thing in the whole world.  However we
have provided functionality that will allow you to generate your own
package (whenever you can't find it already made).  You can read more
about how to do this here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/vignettes/AnnotationForge/inst/doc/SQLForge.pdf

Follow the instructions carefully, and I expect you should be able to
get the .db packages you need pretty easily.  If there are any issues,
please reply and I will help you out.

   Marc