[BioC] bsseq and BSmooth with RRBS

Alex Gutteridge alexg at ruggedtextile.com
Thu Feb 21 17:31:08 CET 2013

I'm looking over the documentation for bsseq:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/html/bsseq.html

And the associated Genome Biology paper:

http://genomebiology.com/content/pdf/gb-2012-13-10-r83.pdf

 From what I can see the method should work on reduced representation
bisulfite sequencing (RRBSeq) datasets as well as WGBSeq, though the
documentation only mentions WGBSeq. The only issue I can see being the
smoothing procedure which I thought might struggle in regions with
scattered CpGs in the RRBSeq.

I will have data in hand shortly to test this myself, but was just
curious if anyone on the list had run bsseq (successfully or otherwise)
on RRBS data before?

--
Alex Gutteridge