[BioC] Visualization of alignments with mismatch bases

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:31:37 CET 2013

Hi Tengfei,

What you describe covers what I tried to do so far (overlapping tracks,
really a hacky task).  Having these modes would be very handy to have,
especially in combination with the other capabilities of 'ggbio'.  All
the three modes would be good to have; I would consider (1) the most
useful one for me at the moment.  The more detail to incorporate in the
alignments (e.g. including SNV information of a VCF file) would need
additional relations between BAM alignments and the VCF.

I am not aware of any R package with this functionality, but I see a
large potential for this.  Currently, I interact with IGV using batch
mode, but this far away from being a good and long-term solution.

Best wishes
Julian