[BioC] Limma Voom R package

Pedro Blecua pedro.blecua at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:47:26 CET 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a postdoctoral researcher at Chris Mason's lab at the ICB Cornell
Medical College in NYC.
I would be very interested in using your R package for RNA-seq
analysis of some raw data we have.
We went through the manual quickly, and it is not clear for me how to
start the analysis, i.e., input file.

To be more specific: given the fastq file (or binary fastq.tbz), could
we use it as input for Voom, and then
use the result for Limma? Or should we align first our raw fastq data
and then use the sam or bam files as
input for the Vomm or Limma packages? How should I proceed to start an
analysis from raw fastq files?

I would highly appreciate an answer at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention,

--
 Best,

 Pedro

 Pedro Blecua, Ph.D.