[BioC] Limma Voom R package

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jan 8 23:19:26 CET 2013

Dear Pedro,

You'll need to align your fastq data, summarize read counts to genes and then run limma voom or edgeR for expression analysis.

We have developed a pipeline for doing this which allows you to complete the entire analysis in R. This pipeline starts with using Rsubread package for alignment (see Rsubread vignette for more details, but briefly the functions 'buildindex' and 'align' are used for index building and read mapping, respectively), and then uses featureCounts function in the same package to do the read summarization. The summarized read counts can then be fed into limma or edgeR for expression analysis.

Cheers,
Wei