[BioC] detailed analysis process of \"Comparisons Both Between and Within Subjects\" of edgeR

Huajing Teng [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Wed Jan 9 01:39:22 CET 2013

Dear Dr.Smyth,
I am very interested  in "Comparisons Both Between and Within Subjects" of edgeR. Because one of my study is according to this design. But i found some detailed analysis have not been provided in the manual (After estimating the dispersions (code not shown), we can fit a linear model:), and i met some difficulty in using this pipline.  When i used y <- estimateGLMCommonDisp(y, design, verbose=TRUE), I got an error:
error in solve.default(R, t(beta)) : Lapack routine dgesv: system is exactly singular

I wonder whether you can provide some detailed analysis process (especially in data reading, dispersion evaluation ). Thanks for your kind assistance.

 -- output of sessionInfo():

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("edgeR")    biocLite("limma")
library(edgeR)