[BioC] Bos taurus genome

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Jan 9 19:58:17 CET 2013

Hi Terhi,

bosTau6 is now in Bioc devel (source package only):

Will be available via biocLite() in 1 hour or so. You'll need to use the
latest R-devel (i.e. latest R-3.0, still under development), and install
the development version of BioC (2.12) following the usual procedure.

However, note that BSgenome.Btaurus.UCSC.bosTau6 should also work with
the current BioC release (i.e. R-2.15 + BioC 2.11), even though it's
normally considered bad practice to mix stuff from different BioC
versions. You can install it with:

   install.packages("BSgenome.Btaurus.UCSC.bosTau6",

repos="http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/data/annotation")

assuming that you already have all the dependencies installed. Should
really be a 1 time exception, and only if installing/using
R-devel/Bioc-devel is not an option for you.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès