[BioC] biomaRt does not load archived Ensembl Genes database anymore.

J.H. Brandsma j.h.brandsma at erasmusmc.nl
Thu Jan 10 10:41:51 CET 2013

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your help, it got my script going again!! Also thank you for reporting this issue to ensemble helpdesk!

There was a small mistake in your work around script. In the first line you wrote the may2012 archive as host, which does not work and therefore should be www.ensemble.org  so for others having the same issue, I corrected it:

mart <- useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL","mmusculus_gene_ensembl", host="www.ensembl.org")
mart at host="http://may2012.archive.ensembl.org:80/biomart/martservice"
mart = useDataset("mmusculus_gene_ensembl",mart=mart)

Grtz,

Johan