[BioC] new package for generating interactive HTML reports

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 11 19:23:24 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Melanie Huntley
<huntley.melanie at gene.com> wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

> very large - yes, we have observed sluggish behavior when, for example, you
> have a table with 20,000+ rows and many columns, including graphics. And in
> fact, the Chrome browser seems to give us the most trouble in those cases.
>
> We'd love to hear about ways to improve this behavior, if anyone has ideas.

Hi, Melanie.

The "extra" scroller for datatables allows scrolling of VERY large
datasets because only a small portion of the entire dataset is sent to
the client at one time.  The server simply responds to requests for
data as the dataset scrolls on the client.  The details are here:

http://datatables.net/release-datatables/extras/Scroller/server-side_processing.html

This would require a server that responds to queries be running while
the client is interacting with the data.

Sean