[BioC] Turning a GRanges Metadata Column into Rle List

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Tue Jan 15 07:00:09 CET 2013

>   I was thinking you could just do (assuming score is
>   always >= 0, and that the ranges do not overlap,
>   which seems to be the case from the initial code):

In another scenario, what if I have data on multiple cell lines, such as one of the ENCODE integrated tracks, and I would like to find the maximum value at each base within a specified genomic region ? In this case, the ranges in the supertrack would overlap often.

I would imagine making a separate coverage RleList for each cell line, to avoid complications with overlapping ranges. Then, it would be nice to have a pmax function in the API that could take a number of RleList objects, each of the same length, and return one RleList. Are there any plans for pmin and pmax of this style ?