[BioC] Problems with mapping chromosomal probe locations for illumina probes ?!

Fenton Christopher Graham christopher.fenton at uit.no
Tue Jan 15 13:30:53 CET 2013

Illumina mapping nuId to genome coordinates.

>m2<- read.table("processed_data.csv", header=T, row.names=1, sep="\t")
>probes<- rownames(m2)
>dd<- probeID2nuID(probes)
>seqs<- id2seq(dd[,7])
>test<- cbind(dd, seqs)

> test[grep("r33p5EJWUK57ZWL3no", test[,7]),]

Search_Key          "XM_940724.1"
ILMN_Gene           "A3GALT2"
Accession            "NM_001080438.1"
Symbol                "A3GALT2"
Probe_Id              "ILMN_1668111"
Array_Address_Id "0001740066"
nuID                    "r33p5EJWUK57ZWL3no"
seq                      "TCTTCTGGCTGCACAAGCCCGCCAAGGTGCTGTCGCCCGAGTTCTGCTGG"

Now if I BLAT the sequence against GRCh37/hg I get the following.
QUERY  SCORE START  END QSIZE IDENTITY CHRO STRAND  START    END      SPAN
YourSeq 50     1    50    50   100.0%     1   -   33772451  33772500  50

Unfortunately this is not near the CDS.
If I search UCSC for A3GALT2 I get the following location
chr1:33,772,365-33,778,183

Why are the chromosomal locations for this probe different?

Chris