[BioC] annmap installation window

Tim Yates TYates at picr.man.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 18:01:14 CET 2013

Hi Chris,

This sounds like a problem with the RMySQL installation on your machine.
Can you verify it works before trying to install annmap?

Unfortunately, we don't have a Windows machine with enough horsepower to
build, run or test annmap on the Windows platform, and that (and that I
had some problems getting RMySQL up and running on Windows) is why I
marked the project to not build a Windows binary.

There is a post here[1] on StackOverflow which explains the steps that
should be necessary to get RMySQL installed correctly.

But as I said, I haven't tried them :-(

Tim

 1:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5223113/using-mysql-in-r-for-windows/523