[BioC] getGEO error

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Jan 26 13:45:00 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Alyaa Mahmoud <alyamahmoud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the replies.
>
> I updated to "R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30" to but I still get the same
> error msg;
>
>  test = getGEO ("GSE17221")
> Found 1 file(s)
> GSE17221_series_matrix.txt.gz
> Using locally cached version: /tmp/RtmpBQOrpt/GSE17221_series_matrix.txt.gz
> Using locally cached version of GPL8891 found here:
> /tmp/RtmpBQOrpt/GPL8891.soft
> Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,
>  :
>   no lines available in input

Hi, Alyaa.

The version of GEOquery with the bug fixed (I hope) is not quite
available.  It should probably be available in about 12 hours--the
build system takes a while to do its magic.  You'll want to re-install
GEOquery using biocLite('GEOquery') and then make sure that the
version of GEOquery that gets installed is 2.24.1.  If you still have
problems after that, definitely let us know and be sure to include the
output of sessionInfo() in your email.

Thanks for your patience,
Sean