[BioC] DiffBind error

Rory Stark Rory.Stark at cruk.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 13:28:57 CET 2013

Hello-

It looks like your sample sheet is fine.

By default, if no contrasts are set up using dba.contrast,  when you call
dba.analyze it attempts to add all the two-way contrasts between groups
where there are at least three samples in each group. In your case,
nothing meets these conditions, as there are only two "Resistant" samples.

If you add a call to dba.contrast before the call to dba.analyze, you will
get the contrast you desire:

> chippy = dba.contrast(chippy, minMembers=2)

or, slightly more explicitly:

> chippy = dba.contrast(chippy, categories=DBA_CONDITION, minMembers=2)

or, even more explicitly:

> chippy = dba.contrast(chippy, group1=chippy$masks$Resistant, group2 =
>chippy$masksResponsive, name1="Resistant", name2="Responsive")

then:

> chippy = dba.analyze(chippy)

Cheers-
Rory