[BioC] read.ilmn() and variation between chips

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 3 11:10:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, Rao,Xiayu wrote:

> Dr. Smyth,
>
> Thanks a lot for your important message! I did read your limma user
> guide, and only found that "If there are multiple probe summary profiles
> to be read, and the samples are summarized in a targets frame, then the
> read.ilmn.targets function can be used." When I typed ?read.ilmn.targets
> in R, not much syntax showing up. I also read your paper: Optimizing the
> noise versus bias trade-off for Illumina Whole Genome Expression
> BeadChips. Nucleic Acids Research 38, e204. But I did not find an
> example for that. Could you please let me know how read.ilmn() reads
> multiple files and collate them.

Thanks for explaining the documentation you have read, but I had thought
the natural place to start would be the help page for read.ilmn(), which
you can access by ?read.ilmn.  This tells you that 'files' can be a vector
of file names.

Best wishes
Gordon