[BioC] What is the FDR set to for the BH method.

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Jul 3 20:35:35 CEST 2013

The "adjusted p-value" for the i_th smallest p-value is mp/i  if this
is less than 1 and greater than the "adjusted p-value" for the (i-1)
smallest p-value.  It is truncated at 1.0 from above and at the value
for the (i-1) value below (so that it always increases as p increases).

This is the estimated FDR for the list of genes you obtain if you
reject all tests with p less than or equal the i_th smallest p-value.

--Naomi