[BioC] Excluding probes during methylation analysis

Victoria Svinti victoria.svinti at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jul 6 11:22:10 CEST 2013

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the very helpful pointers.

I have some other questions remaining ...

I'm working with methyLumiM or MethyLumiSet objects, is there a way to convert them to a SummarizedExperiment object?

Should I only be looking at probes in CpGs?

How do I go about finding probes that map to repetitive regions, or map to multiple regions in the genome? Do I use the resulting SummarisedExperiment object, or the get450k() in FDb.InfiniumMethylation.hg19, or ..?

Sorry for all the questions, hopefully this would be useful to other people in the future. I found your previous posts on using the GPL13534 helpful, though it seems like things changed since then.

Thanks again,
Victoria

--
Victoria Svinti