[BioC] Updated affy package? ReadAffy/ AffyBatch has change and breaks my pipeline!

elliott harrison e.harrison at epistem.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 12:42:05 CEST 2013

I'm not sure if this will work but I'm trying to tag an answer onto an old question from a year ago, will copying the subject line from that query achieve that?

The original query can be found here:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/39289

I did not see a resolution to a problem with a RemoveProbes probes function for affy cdf kindly provided by Ariel Chernomoretz.

The function was failing with the error

cannot change value of locked binding for 'hgu133plus2probe'

I found that adding the line

unlockBinding(probepackagename,as.environment(ipos))

before the line

assign(probepackagename,probe.env.orig[-iNA,],pos=ipos)

corrected the issue.

Thanks

Elliott