[BioC] Illumina Probe_ID used in the LIMMA package for neqc function

William D'Avigdor w.davigdor at centenary.org.au
Wed Jul 10 07:01:13 CEST 2013

Hi Wei,

Thanks for this. Can I specifically ask want you mean by 'replicates'?
Is this ALL your microarrays? Or to do with the propexpr function? If I
filter to keep only those probes that satisfy p<0.05 across ALL samples
(n=36), I am only left with 11,102 probes.

My understanding is that I should keep those probes that are
significantly different to background in at least one sample. If I use a
detection p-value of p<0.05, I get 26,816; compared to p<0.01, I get
16,877 probes that remain. Based on this, would you suggest I use
p<0.05? This is approximately half of the original 48,701 probes.

Kind regards,
Wil