[BioC] About the state of KEGG-related packages

Calin Voichita calin at wayne.edu
Mon Jul 29 22:46:50 CEST 2013

Enrico,

The ROntoTools package uses the KEGGREST to download and parse the KEGG data into graph objects. In addition it performs  both an over-representation analysis and a more advanced impact analysis on the given set of pathways.

If you want just to use the pathway data (as downloaded and parsed by this package), by using the function keggPathwayGraphs("hsa") or keggPathwayGraphs("hsa", updateCache = TRUE) to re-download the data you can obtain a list of graph objects representing the pathways in KEGG.

Regards,
Calin