[BioC] interaction effects for DEXSeq

Mallon, Eamonn B. (Dr.) ebm3 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 7 15:30:25 CEST 2013

My initial question still stands, but I have also tried a simpler model by
just looking at the effect of strain on one colony.

So there are two levels to condition (strain = 6 or 8)

It runs fine but I get
> table(res1$padjust < 0.1)

FALSE  TRUE
65836  5987

This seems excessive

And the warning (50 times)

> DEXSeqHTML( ecs, FDR=0.1, )
There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
> warnings()
Warning messages:
1: In chol.default(XVX + lambda * I, pivot = TRUE) :
  the matrix is either rank-deficient or indefinite

Any ideas what is happening

Thanks in advance

Eamonn

Dr Eamonn Mallon