[BioC] [combat] par.priot=FALSE

Johnson, William Evan wej at bu.edu
Thu Jun 13 12:55:28 CEST 2013

In practice, you only need to use the non-parameteric prior when you have a very large deviation from the parametric prior. In most cases, the results are nearly identical within a 1-2% difference in the expression values.

In your case, I would recommend just trying it and seeing if it makes a difference. If it does, trust the non-parametric.

Evan