[BioC] Cell-type enrichment for gene expression

January Weiner january.weiner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 10:01:26 CEST 2013

Dear all,

is there a package (or data) available for R/Bioconductor that would
allow me to test for enrichment of cell-type specific genes, in
specific genes related to function of specific immune cells
(macrophages, neutrophils etc.)? In essence, I am searching for an
ontology based on cell-type specific expression that would be amenable
to a standard enrichment test (for example, showing a low p-value if a
gene set is enriched in macrophage-specific genes).

Kind regards,

j.

--