[BioC] installing the bioconductor package in R 3.0

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 25 19:20:36 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Kaiyin Zhong (Victor Chung)
<k.zhong at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:
> Oh, sorry, my mistake, it's still hanging with "testing if packages can be
> loaded".
> However, after starting R with R --vanilla, I can install Biobase without
> problems. I guess there is something wrong with my .Rprofile, let me post
> it here for your examination:

Without needing to look at your .Rprofile I can tell you there is
something wrong with it, since installing packages works with
--vanilla.

I'm not sure what the problem is; maybe the CRAN mirror you've chosen is down?
You can try with a fresh (empty) .Rprofile and add one line/function
at a time and see where it breaks.

Dan