[BioC] Analysis of Affymetrix Mouse Gene 2.0 ST arrays

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Tue Mar 5 23:13:48 CET 2013

Dear Kamila,

The reason why affy does not work well with WT arrays is that these
arrays do not have PM/MM pairs in contrast to the ivt arrays for which
affy was created.

As the author of package xps I can only say that xps does use the
original library files and annotation files from Affymetrix. The example
script in directory xps/examples/script4schemes.R will show you how to
create a scheme file for e.g. MoGene-2_0-ST arrays. However, if you
decide to use xps I must mention that there is currently a problem with
the Afymetrix annotation files for the 2.0 and 2.1 arrays, see:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2012-August/047755.html
So you need either adapt the mentioned perl script to correct the
annotation files, or I can send you the modified perl script for
MoGene-2_0. If you prefer I could also send you the finished
'mogene20st.root' file, however it has a size of 35 MB so you would need
to tell me how to send it to you.

BTW, RMA is fine for both ivt arrays and WT arrays. However, if you want
to get present calls P/M/A then for ivt arrays you need to call
mas5.call() while for WT arrays you need to call dabg.call().

Best regards,
Christian