[BioC] how to annotate Illumina HumanHT-12 v3 chips?

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:55:39 CET 2013

I tend to work with things on the probe-level too. I have seen many
example of genes where some probes target obscure transcripts or are
just badly-designed. By including them in the averaging, you would be
diluting the signal from the good probes.

Sometimes you have to collapse the data to one probe per-gene, and for
this I tend to pick the "best" probe for each gene by using a  measure
such as IQR across the dataset.