[BioC] Analysis of Affymetrix Mouse Gene 2.0 ST arrays

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Wed Mar 6 21:28:04 CET 2013

Hi Guido,

It wouldn't be difficult. Starting from something like

awk -F, '{if($1 !~ /#|[:alpha:]/) print $0}'
MoGene-2_0-st-v1.na33.mm10.transcript.csv | cut -d, -f 1,3-6 > tmp.csv

and then in R

dat <- read.csv("tmp.csv", header = FALSE, stringsAsFactors = FALSE)
dat <- dat[dat[,2] != "---",]
gr <- GRanges(dat[,2], IRanges(start = dat[,4], end = dat[,5]),
strand=dat[,3])
library(Mus.musculus)
gr <- GRanges(dat[,2], IRanges(start = dat[,4], end = dat[,5]),
strand=dat[,3], probeset = dat[,1])
mcols(gr)$egid <- names(tx)[findOverlaps(gr, tx, select="first")]
 > head(as.data.frame(mcols(gr)))
   probeset egid
1 17210850 <NA>
2 17210852 <NA>