[BioC] options on outputing gene expression based on gene level instead of probe set level for justRMA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:57:53 CET 2013

Please don't take things off list.

On 3/6/2013 7:59 PM, Jack Luo wrote:
> Gene 1.0 ST.

At this point I guess I need to know what you mean by gene level. The
affy package by definition only summarizes at the transcript level. But
that doesn't mean that you only have one probeset per gene, as there may
still be duplicates (splice variants or whatnot). If you just want a
single expression value per gene, you can either use the genefilter
package to subset by Entrez ID, or you could alternatively use one of
the MBNI re-mapped cdf packages.

Best,

Jim

--